Monday, May 14, 2007

Why am I always winning?

Yesterday, my daughter and I played Monopoly. My daughter (9) is crazy about this game. I don't like it too much. It goes on for hours and hours and it is about buying, selling and being a good merchant. Things I don't care too much about.

So , the two of us started another game. I swore that this time I'll let the small one win. However, the longer the game lasted the better I got - meaning I accumulated more money, more property, more everything.

And I won - again. Naturally, my daughter was devastated. She had done everything I told her in order to win. But luck wasn't on her side. Tears welled up in her eyes. I told her that it was just a game and that next time I'll let her win.
But would that be a wise thing to do?
In real life sometimes you win sometimes you lose. If I would have as much luck in real life as I have at this silly game I would be a Billionaire. Owning a Mercedes and a Mansion on the hill
Unfortunately, life doesn't play this way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, kids don't like to lose. Have you ever considered playing another game?